Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back in Japan and out of the snowy cold weather

Ohayogozaimous
It is about 10:3am on Dec 22nd and I finally arrived back home last night to a balmy 66 degree Japan.We had a major snow storm blowing through Mpls when we were leaving and so got a bit of a delay as they shoveled off the runway. CJ, I and Graham are here now and Kalen/Mike will arrive tomorrow on the 23rd from snowy and cold Chicagoland. We are looking forward to regrouping and to see how they celebrate Christmas and New Years here Japanese style.

For those who don't know. I have been in MN since October 27th and helping my mom and dad. My dad was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor and Non Hodgkins B Lymphoma back on Oct 6th and had surgery to remove the tumor Oct 10th. I went back to help get him to and from his 25 radiation and numerous other doctor visits.

Dad came though all that with flying colors and graduated on Dec 17th with cake and congrats from all the girls at the clinic. I have kept all abreast who are interested in that info on this Caring Bridge site here
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bernardmslick ...so check it out if you want to know more. I too will add to it when I make phone calls back home and see what is going on with them. Lisa will also write her perspective from MN.

I am now hoping to get back on this blogsite to give you updates here on what life is like in Japan during the winter months. Today it is almost 68 degrees, sunny and clear. Maybe we will see Mt Fuji-san when we head out on our errands. CJ has seen it already as you can see on the attached photo.

I am unpacking,making up my grocery list, organizing some papers and checking out stuff on my computer. Graham and CJ went for an early morning run down along the harbor before CJ headed to work and now Grambo is waiting for me and chillin while watching rugby on TV.

We will head out on the town to get a few things at the store this afternoon, as it is a national holiday tomorrow so I am not to sure what is open. It is the Emerpors Birthday on Dec 23rd.

More later.

No comments: