Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20, 2009 WOW... how time flies when your having fun

Kon bon wa
Well I can hardly believe it has been almost a month since I last wrote on here. WOW! I guess you could say we have been very, very busy. We have been to Thailand and back and are very thankful we were NOT there when all the troubles broke out. We too, got back in time to see the SAKURA cherry blossoms in FULL BLOOM. WOW...what an AMAZING sight that was. Now the cherry blossoms are pretty much gone and the tulips are blooming, wisteria and azaleas. There is always something new blooming and coloring the streets.
A week after we got back from Thailand, my 2 girlfriends from Minnesota came for 10 days. They just left today after I walked them all over Yokohama, Tokyo, Hakone, Mt and the Mt. Fuji area. We had a delightful time and lots of laughs and then today I spent cleaning and downloading photos. Please check out my Facebook Pics of Cherry blossoms, Thailand, and adventures the girls CJ and I had while they were here.
We too met up with a few others this past month for lunch OR dinner, that were from CJ's work who were in town and also some new friends I met through Face book and the Honduras orphanage.
Before the girls came CJ and I went on a Zoorasia field trip with some local orphans here in Japan. I hope to do some volunteering there later this summer and fall once I return from my trip back to the USA and Honduras.
This next weekend starts the BIG 150Th Anniversary celebrations of Yokohama Harbor, so you can be sure I will probably have more stories to share in the coming weeks.
I am home for a month before I make my way back to the states May 23rd.
In between all the above, CJ's mom was very ill and in the hospital with UTI that ended up being quite serious when it went into her kidneys. With her diabetes, she was told she is very lucky she is alive and recovering slowly. We are happy with that report form the doc.
My folks are doing well I think (as I have not talked with them in 10 days-hope to catch up with them tomorrow) and they enjoyed many visits and dinner with all 4 of their grand kids popping by for dinners and visits this past month. Mom's sister Esther and some of her family, along with Stafford and Paige were also over Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday Sarah and Cameron stopped by as well. Sarah too, is on page 98 of the May 2009 Glamour Magazine modeling plus size swimsuits Do's and Don'ts. Kalen Mike and Graham were with Bernie and Solvei over Easter weekend.
Now my mom's brother Joe in Texas is hospitalized and suffering from a seizure and pneumonia. We are sending get well wishes, good thoughts and prayers his way and to his family as well .
Well, I think that about wraps it up for now. Hope you and yours are well and enjoying spring temps finally. It has been a lovely 70 degrees and sunny here of late, It is so nice to have the windows open and all the fresh air blowing in
Keep happy and in touch
Karla and CJ

No comments: