Monday, January 12, 2009

Jan 13, 2009 It's warmer than MN , but colder than CA here in Japan

Hi All
Well I have not seemed to make much headway here this last week I guess. As I glance over my last post it seems to be pretty much the same around here this week. I am getting quite a bit of information taken care of for Honduras, but seem to be hung up on getting my thoughts together for our family update on paper. :-(
I bought a few more books about Japan the other day at the books store and so I made the mistake of peeking in one and then started reading it and well, it seems to have gotten me even more side tracked.
The January Sumo tournament started on Saturday as well and so now every day I am going to have to tune into see the top ranked guys wrestle on TV from 4-6pm. I think I am hooked.

CJ and I had a nice weekend together here at the house just chillin and hanging out watching a few movies on TV, updating our home files and bookeeping paperwork. We talked with MN neighbor PJ and to see how they are fairing after their house fire on New Years night. They have now officially moved in to our house and are busy over at theirs most days trying to pack up and get out all their belongings so the rebuilding can take place. They seem to be adjusting as well as can be expected from this sad turn of events.
Dad and I want to Thank you again Graham for helping move our things down stairs, so to give PJ and family more space. Hope your having fun with all the rellies you have been seeing in Mpls and St Paul as of late. We miss everyone there, but not the cold and snowy weather we here you all are having.
CJ and I did have fun the other night when Tad from work invited us over for cakes and to meet his family. Boy were we ever surprised when we got there and his wife Yuko had made a full meal for us. We had a lovely traditional Japanese rice dish "Chi rache sushi" , some homemade spring rolls,and a delicious tomatoe and onion salad along with some special "Yuko Maki" cheese and sausage rolls that the kids loved and devoured very quickly.
They have two young kids Kito 4 and 1/2 and Eyna almost 2. They were so CUTE and of course I was down on the floor and playing with them as soon as I got my shoes off. They were so busy with the new toys I brought them and also watching a cartoon DVD on the large screen TV. Kito got mad and even yelled at us 4 adults who were talking too loud at the table and he was very disturbed he couldn't hear his show. It was too funny, but Tad and Yuko were a bit embarrassed I think and made him come over and apologize to CJ and I. Heck CJ and I did NOT have a clue what he said in Japanese, but it must not have been too nice as the parents both blushed a bit. We told them Mandi nai...no problem.
Today it is supposed to be 48 degrees and the sun is shining here as well, and so when I get this blog typed up I will head to the veggie stand for some more delicous and juicy Fuji apples,fresh mandarine oranges and some more salda fixins. I too have found some more new delicious cream filled granola bar like snacks and also am baking the sweet potatoes and then keep them to slice thin the next day and fry with some onion and salt/pepper. My own style of potatoe chip.I seem to be really craving carbs when the weather is colder now and can't get enough bread and cracker type treats. I better keep on walking daily so it doesn't end up staying on my hips and belly. haha
CJ is off today for Nagoya and then tomorrow he heads over to China for the rest of the week.I hope to stay home and continue my personal battle it seems with what to write to tell you all about out life this past year. For those of you reading this blog page,it will all be old newsfor you...but for those whose Emails I don't have I want to let them know we are over here and enjoying life and our adventures in Asia. Not many know that fact I am quite sure, as we knew NOTHING about the move here when we wrote the 2007 letter.
So I guess that is about all for now. I am NOT sure what I will do about showing you more photos on here..perhaps I will have to take the time to delete some of the old ones to make room for the new? You can alwasys sign up on Facebook and see my many photo albums I have there under Karlita Harriman. It really is a GREAT way to keep in touch and more and more of my Grandma aged friends are logging in and now in touch with their kids and grandkids. How fun is that.:-) Perhaps this is the new way for generations to connect with one another in the 21st century. It is fun and a bit addictive too, so be forewarned. I of course love seeing and commenting on all the photos people post of their times with friends and family, vacations,and to learn a bit more and to reconnect with many of our long distance relatives ahas been fun too....Give it a consideration and a try, you can write and participate, play games, maybe find old high school and college friends perhaps...or you can just make an account to only see my photos..heck you might even like it...but don't tell you I told you so :-) haha
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1026932101&v=info&viewas=1026932101
More soon
Sayonara from Karla and CJ too

No comments: