Friday, January 2, 2009

Saturday Jan 3rd, 2009 New Years Day Fire in EP

Well......... all I can say right now, is the last few hours, weeks and months have been a bit crazy, draining and more out of control than I like...and they seem to get crazier by the minute. UGH! My head is spinning, my body aches and I feel pretty well "burnt out". I feel like I have been surrounded by people for the last 3 months, in some rather stressful situations at times and have not really had any time to just sit and be alone. I like and need that, especially in the winter months. I find I like to hibernate like a bear and sleep, read, relax and reflect, but have'nt really had much time to do any of that since October.

I know I need rest and time to chill...and I will try to make time for that on Sunday and next week, when the house will once again be very, very quiet and all my dear family will be faraway across the oceans and back home again. :-( CJ and I are so grateful to have had the 3 kids here for the holidays and for the opportunity to share with them a little slice of our life here in Japan.

Kalen and Michael took the last day here in Japan to themselves and they went back up to Tokyo to see some more of the sights. Graham is back in the states and being very helpful holding things together on the homefront while sneaking in some fun times with his friends. CJ and I are doing a bit of bookwork this AM and trying to get some kind of schedule in place for the New Year here and what we would like to accomplish, see and do while we have still have some time here in Asia.

I stayed up late last night when Kalen, Mike and CJ went to bed, as I just wanted to work with my MANY photos on the computer and have some alone time. Of course as usual,I had trouble with my computer programs and so that did not get done like I had hoped, but I did enjoy touching base with many of you on Facebook and also checking my various Emails. It is always good to hear from you. Thanks for keeping in touch.

I too wanted to update my blogs here and to tell you some more of our Japanese family adventures between Christmas and New Years but that fell by the wayside when my eyes began to fall shut and I then received a very disturbing note from one EP neighbor. The note told of a New Years Day fire at another one of the houses on the culd-de-sac and the thought that perhaps the family might need to rent our house if possible. WOW .....so sad and scary, but we are thankful Boomer and family are all ok and safe. We too, hope we can help them out in any way we can.

So now,from far across the oceans we are in the midst of working things out with Boomer/PJ, Graham and both insurance companies so they can rent our house out for 3-4months while their house is being rebuilt. We are once again grateful to Graham who has stepped up to help out in our absence and that he is able to be the mediator for a few weeks before he heads back to Duluth. Thanks Mr Wood.

It feels so good to just sit here this morning with CJ on the couch in the warmth of my living room looking out at the stone pagoda in my backyard garden and to feel the bright warm sunshine melt my stiff, rigid and tired body. Ahhhhhh....I hope I have many more days like this in the weeks to come.

Some of you have asked where my " Holiday Book" is, and I am still hoping to get some of my random and crazy thoughts down on paper at some point and to hopefully compile our annual holiday letter. Don't hold your breath as to when it will arrive though, as the creative juices have not started flowing as yet. Who knows what the theme will end up being,as each daily event, or crisis that occurs, seems to change my thought pattern and possible ideas.

Anyhoo..that is what's "heating up" here in Japan ...Do know your all thought of often and I truly enjoy your being in contact while we are far apart
more soon
Karla

No comments: