Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jan 7, 2009 Kalen's Graduation Day in Chicago !!!

Hi all
Well it is actually the morning of Jan 8th here in sunny Japan, while it is night time in Chicago on Jan 7th and my guess Kalen and friends arenow busy celebrating their GRADUATION from Cortiva Institute's School of Massage. YAHOO..WAY TO GO SCOOP!! We are PROUD of you and wish we were physically there with you to join in the festivities.......we are in our hearts and minds. Do send pics please and hope Mikey is feeling better soon as well.
We had a great time with the kids while they were here and we covered alot of territory and saw many things. We sure hope they felt like they saw and experienced many things Japanese in their short stay here. I was going to tell you more about our adventures between Christmas and New Years while they were here, but that seems so long ago now, and I too am having trouble putting photos on here as well. I guess I've hit the limit. I know your NOT surprised by that! So I guess, I will just cover that in our annual news post.
Today it is sunny here in Japan and supposed to get near 50 degrees. YES!! I know that is much warmer than most of you are experiencing these days and let me tell you it does feel good. Ok, sorry to rub it in. Anyhoo, I will soon make my way out of the house and down to the store for a few more food items and then back home and to work again.
I have been holed up in the house the last few days trying hard to make sense of the piles of paper and back logged info I need to make current. I am slowly making my way through it, and soon hope to start on our BELATED annual holiday letter. I know many of you are looking for more exciting adventures from me, but right now I must stay focused so I can get things in order here for 2009. Remember I told you I like to hibernate like a bear in winter and regroup, so things may be short and sweet to nil here for awhile on this blog.
It sure has been fun to get all your Christmas cards and letters/photos about your families. You all have been very busy as well. Glad to hear most everyone we know is in fairly good health and life is treating them well in these tough times.
Cheers to 2009 and better days ahead
karla

No comments: