Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feb 25,09 Rain Rain go away......

Konnichiwa
Well is it almost 4pm and the rain finally stopped for a bit anyway. I should probably make my way to the veggie market quick before it is time to make supper for CJ and I.
I have had a heck of a day right here on my computer and haven't left my seat but to use the restroom a few times and to grab a much needed bite to eat.
I have been in touch with so many old and new friends, talked on the phone to my dad, on skype with a few other friends, sent and received numerous emails and Facebook notes from new folks just getting used to the Facebook stuff:-)Yahoo! I was hoping once you got our family newsletter I would be in touch with more via the web.
Thanks again mom and ad for folding, stuffing and mailing.
Yesterday I did in fact brave the rainy and wet elements and made my way down the back yard stairmaster and slope, past the busy shopping street which was a colorful rainbow of umbrellas as many a hearty and serious shopper were out taking advantage of yet another sale week. I have been in the house so much with all the rain. I was actually surprised to see how many people were out and about in the driving rain. It was cool and windy too. Burr... I noticed two new shoipe had opened up in Chinatown too since I was last there for tall the NEw YEar festivities. You can tell when a shop or business is new as they have big floral arrangements on either side of the door way. Can you beleive it i catuallymissed two photos ops. The beautiful flower arrangements and in teh rainbow of umbrellas. I wish I could have been up on the 2nd floor of a building looking down, I bet it was a pretty sight. It was colorful view just from my vantage point a head or so above the rest. :-)
Yuki the tall guy we met with the ex monk that one day a few weeks ago, was there and he did my shiatsu massage. It was great. He has very strong fingers and the harder the pressure the better for me. I was a little concerned how much pain I was gonna have when he hit the big knots in my shoulders, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. So I had an hour massage for $50 + tax. They do not take tips here in Japan, but I insisted and of course he was a bit nervous, but excited too I think? That was way higher than the $10 in China, but less expensive than the $80 dollar Thai one they want a few blocks futher into Chinatown. It was well worth the pampering though and I will defintely be getting back to my monthly treatments.

We talked a bit after and I asked what other types of services they have there and he told me about accupressure and QU. When I go next time I am going to try 10 minutes of QU accupuncture as well before my masssage. Qu is little cardboad looking like tubes with some herbal medicine in one end, that they set on different parts of your body like the needles and then they light them. My "guess" is that the heat part of it is similar to how ear candling draws out the wax and that this draws out the toxins and loosens up meridan points to chi flows freely once more?? I will find outmore down the road.
I then hurried back home to my warm house and did some more computer work before meeting CJ later at the cleaners where we dropped his dirty shrits of for laundering. We then made our way to the Ramen Noodle shop down the slope form our house for dinner. Nothing is better than a hot bowl of ramen on a cool, breezy and rainy night. We saw too they had potstickers and next time we will order some of them as well.
We then took a walk down Motomachi shopping street to Pamapdour Bakery for our dessert. CJ found a chocolate covered chocolate cream filled flaky horn like dessert and I had some cream cheese cranberry filled delight between two layers of sugar coated filo dough. YUM! Of course another loaf of fresh bread was in order as we both can't seem to get enough of that. Were hoping warm weather comes soon so that craving falls by the wayside sooner than later. Can nightly helpings of fresh bread and butter be good for a person. I know right now it is soothing to my soul.Comfort food I guess.
Then CJ said there was a record shop he wanted to check out and so we walked further along the way and he stopped to look at a sweater shop I guess he has been eyeing as well since we moved here. The man took us downstairs and to our delight and surpise he actually found some 2LL sizes that were long enough in the arms for him.So he got a casual sweater like jacket and a dressier outer vest for springtime. Cool! The lady even threw in a black purse for me as a gift that was in a box I was looking through? Nice!
We finally made it to the record shop that was upstairs on the other side of the street down a few blocks and what a find that was as well. Banana Records is a 2nd hand record resale shop and it was fully loaded with CDs, many an old vinyl record both in 33 and 45 rpms sizes.WOW! I felt kind of like I walked back in time. Beatles, Led Zepplin.... COOL!! My brother Mark would love this place and I told CJ I hope it didn't become my new best friend. haha You know me and how I love my music. Of course the first CD we see is David Cooks...last years American Idol.. and already it is in a 2nd hand store :-( Didn't it just come out in the last month or two? Yikes! CJ said maybe they just buy them dowload them and resell? Heck they should then just go to the store where they rent them and do that.
I am always looking to find local flavor and so I asked the kid what he recommended and he pointed me to the progressive rock artist AJICO. It is alright.
We then quickly made our way home with bags in hand to a warm house. While walking along I told CJ maybe we were better off not having weekly date night, as it looks like it is gonna cost us some money each week. haha
Back home we savored our tasty treats while watching a bit of TV,and checking for any last Emails...remember you do not eat while walking along the streets here. Was happy to hear from our new friend Shohei and he wants to get to together with us this weekend. So I sent a note off inviting him to our house on Sunday to visit for the day and maybe check out some of the local sights or festivals that I see are to take place? Maybe I will make him an american type meal too if he is interested..
So that was yesterday and today I have been stuck to this chair all day and now the sun is shining just in time for it to set on another day here in Japan and so I am going to sign off and run to the market quickly and then back home to make some eats for tonights supper
sayonara....keep in touch I LOVE hearing from you all :-)
Karla

No comments: