Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lantern Festival ends and Dreaming of Thailand Begins

Tuesday evening was the last hurrah of Chinatown 2009 New Year celebrations and I went down to the shrine to see what was going on. They had candles and clear plastic boxes you could buy to write your wish, prayer, thought or greeting on and then they placed them all in a heart shape on the ground. This is to send the spirits of your ancestors back to the heavens until next year. It was a very quiet and respectful gathering of people...way different than this weekend at the parade.
The local dance troupe came back and did 2 more dances on the steps but as soon as they sarted dancing I got a coughing jag and could not quit. So I had to give up my good photo spot and go find a drink of some kind. When I got my water out of the vending machine down the street and came back the last dancer was just finishing. No biggie as I saw them do the same dances the last couple of days. So I didn't really miss anything and I know the short people behind me were probably very happy when I left so they had a clear unobstructed view of things :-)
I am glad to have my days back again as I was spending lots of time down there. Feels good to get my letter written and now these blogs caught up. The next thing on my agenda is to research and plan my trip to THAILAND in late March. Yep, I get to go explore some of Bangkok with CJ and then his meeting will be on the southern part of the elephant trunk on the island of Phuket. So once again as he slaves away at work I will be wandering, exploring and taking many a photo I am sure. Hope to go on an elephant ride and who knows what else I know NOTHING right now about the country, but I hope to read lots in the next few days and make up an itinerary of things to see.
I talked with my mom and dad the other day too and dad is doing about the same, though he did lose 6 lbs in the last week (2 different scale at docs so who knows for sure?) He has not had much of an appetite except for when he gets to leave the house and go out to eat. My guess is just the thought of going someplace gets the blood flowing. I sure can't wait for spring to come so that can at least get out and hopefully walk down to the mailbox and around the block a few times. They need more activity and socialization that is for sure. My mom wants to talk non stop when I call. I told her she needed to get on her computer like I do and rant, then whomever wants to read it can and those that don't don't log on. I feel goos as I get to get it off my chest so it benefits all involved I guess.
Well that is about all for now. CJ had the day off to day (another Nat'l Shopping day) and he is busy downstairs on his phone and having tele conference calls. Business hours are almost over I guess and so we are going to go run on a few errands and then hope to catch American Idol if it is on TV here tonight? I did finally find it one night last week and I think Kansas City Auditions are this week and so I wanted to see Casey Carlson from Eden Prairie do her thing?
Take care and hope all is well with everyone and your enjoying your teaser days of spring in MN. Actually while you were getting some warmer and sunny days, it was cool, windy and cold here.
More soon from Sankeien Gardens and the plum bloosom bansai tree exhibit and some Chinese students art works that is supposed to be on display in Chinatown I think.
Sayonara
Karla

No comments: