Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thurs Feb 19, 2009 Bernie is back in Rehab

Ohayogozaimous
Just talked with my dad and he is now back in the rehab center and they are working on more physical therapy with him for his right foot and arm strength. They have taken him off a few of his meds and he already sounds more upbeat and enjoying socialization with friends also at the rehab and those that are visiting. YEA!
Mom has been at home the last few days resting up and enjoying some time to herself. She too fell when she went to get her haricut the other night and so is a bit bruised from that (she tripped over the rug).
Mom and I had a nice 2 hour phone conversation last night on the phone and it was good to let her just talk and be the center of attention for a bit. She has been feeling a bit left out I think as all the focus is on dad. I am hoping this break will be good for both of them. I am curious to see how dad does now that he is around people. I think that seeing others far worse off than you,always puts some perspective to your own situation, and who knows a little peer pressure may motivate him as well. He always likes to give the perception he is in control of his world so, it will be interesting to see how motivated and responsible he becomes while he has an "audience watching" so to speak.
I have been in the house the last few days and been busy reading about Thailand. Today I am going to clean this place as soon as I am done with this post and then I'll be off to the fruit and veggie market to restock the refrigerator. CJ is back in MN and had dinner with the neighbors next door and the ones who are now living in/renting our house while theirs is being rebuilt after the fire. They hope to be back in their home by April? Booms dad just died the other day too,so they continue to deal with more sad events.:-(
Our kids are doing well I think and must be very busy with school, work,... as we don't hear too much from them these days. Trust no news is good news. Hopefully CJ is printing off our annual letter today and then giving it to my mom who is ready and waiting to begin the fold and stuffing process.
Hope all is well with you and yours
Karla

No comments: