Sunday, June 22, 2008

Spain beats Italy in Quarter Final Euro Cup and Karlita and the boyz are headed to MN

Hej Hej
It is our last night here in Sweden and we just got back from the televised soccer game outside in the rain. I had fun with the Italy boys till they lost and then they disappeared very fast. :-( Our day started out with the big buffet prison breakfast and then CJ and I hoofed it across town to take the 2.5 hour archipelago boat tour, while Graham stayed back in his cell and got caught up on his sleep after he and CJ chatted over a few beers and cigars last night till 2am with some other Italians and Fins.
After the boat ride CJ and I toured a church, walked around some new areas of town and then we were invited to attend a tea ceremony and buddha presentation by some Taiwanese women and masters. It was very interesting , relaxing and good green tea as well.I also enjoyed the black sesame and peanut snacks at the end.
Graham then met up with us for supper at the futball stage for some rock music by an all girl band and a traditional swedish supper of meatballs, gravy, mash potatoes and ligonberries. Um Um good. I sat with and talked, watched some Italian twin boys and pals paint red white and green flags on the faces of their friends and other soccer fans. I also enjoyed my thick rope of strawberry sugary licorice but the salty black stuff was OH SO SALTY ..Yikes ...it almost felt like it burnt my mouth. I figured it might be a really great thing to eat if you sweat alot and need to replace your salts. Needless to say that has not happened here as it has been cloudy, cool, and like I said raining off and on each day. I am guessing they don't get much of a summer here like we do back in MN. Burr....The 80 degree weather I heard MN is getting of late, will feel very hot to us when we return home tomorrow, after the cooler temps we have had here.
We then watched the over time game and shoot out under umbrellas from 8:45-11:45pm . It was an exciting and happy ending for the Spain fans and very sad for my new found italian friends Franco and relatives. Graham rode his rented bike back and CJ and I walked our last looooooooong hour long walk along the river back to the cell and some very needed hot showers before retiring for a few hours and then a day of travel ahead tomorrow.
We have had a fun time here in Scandinavia and Europe, but we are all anxious to get home too and to get things in order for Japan come July 8th.
It will be a busy 2 weeks and we are glad for the past 20 days we have had to relax and enjoy time together exploring numerous cities here.
More from MN and some long overdue photos to go with the blogs from this trip
Look forward to seeing those we can before we head out to Asia and Duluth
Karla CJ and Grambo

No comments: