Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sept 2, 2008 All my Bags are packed and I 'm ready to go

After the pretty sunset with bubbly looking clouds last night, CJ saw the big daddy long leg running along the stair wall and so he killed it with a book, so we knew for sure he wouldn't be joining us in bed later in the eve.
Today 9/2 I spent here in the house cleaning, sorting papers and last minute packing. When sweeping the front porch and driveway this afternoon it kind of smelled out there and when I looked closer in the dirt along the side of the house, there were all kinds of treasures left for me by the neighborhood cats.
I guess they must be using our yard for their litter box :-( Yuch ! I have noticed alot of noise outside at night lately and it seems as if they might be running up on the roof as well ?
There is usually one cat that daily lays on the wall by the mailbox in the front of the house and another I see on the wall in the back yard between our house and the neighbors. They are all over this neighborhood.
Tried to sign up for a Japanese beginners language class today, but am not too sure if my Email went through or not? I will have to call tomorrow before I leave for China to make sure they got it. I hope I am not too late to get in? The class starts on Sept 10 and goes till December 1st. It is Monday and Wednesdays from 10:30am-12:00for 10,000yen. So if I get in, I will have to miss the first class, as we will be coming back from China that day. Darn!
I hope to walk and explore the city during the day in China and at night I want to start working on my Japanese. CJ will be busy with dinner meetings at night so I should have alot of free time to myself. It is about time I get some words down and try to speak more to people in the stores when grocery shopping and hopefully with the kids if I get into the school to do volunteer work? I sent an Email out to the teachers the other day, but have not heard any reply yet.
After dinner tonight we sat on the couch with the windows and patio door wide open and a beautiful breeze was blowing through the house. Ahhh,...fall is definetely in the air. YEAH! It feels so nice to actually feel a bit cool.
I am off to bed now....more soon from Shanghai,China
goodbye "zai jian" (accents on a's).
Karla and cJ

No comments: