Monday, September 22, 2008

Sept 22-23rd more Japanese classes and Autumn Equinox

Monday was mostly spent on the computer doing many an Email and then some studying of my Japanese a bit before attending yet another new class. This class was fun and I met many new people from India, Indonesia,China, Korea, Taiwan, CalifornianMexican Hong Kong...My senasi Watanabe-san was very helpful and patient with me. My 3 classes are each conducted very differently, so I am hoping I might learn a bunch of things at a faster pace. :-) It was a one and 1/2 hour class for 100yen. You can't beat that price, now can you?
This is what I said as I went around to each table to introduce myself to the teacher and her student.
"Sumimasen" Excuse me
"Haggime maste". Nice to meet you
"Watashi wa Karla des" My name is Karla
"Amerika kara kimashta" I am from America
"Yamate-cho ni sundimas" I live in Yamate-cho neighborhood
"Dozo yoroshiko" Pleased to meet you
How about that!!! :-) Are you impressed? haha
Back home and made some salad to go with our pizza

Tuesday Sept 23, Autumn Equinox
This is a national holiday and so CJ is home from work today and right now he is off to the electronics store for a cable of some sort, so that we can watch movies on the TV through our lap top computers. He too has had a bit of a head cold the last couple days.
This is one of 3 days here in Japan where families visit the graves of the deceased and to freshen up the graveyard, put fresh flowers in vases,light incense, put those wood sticks with writing in the slots at the back of the gravestones .... I was going to go and see if there were any people in the cemetary close to here, but I have been on this computer all day, and now SUMO is starting on TV so I am going to go check that out instead.
I also had a nice chat with my dear friend Bob Seitz today via phone and he is watching over his dear wife Susan who is sleeping alot the last few days. I had hoped to tell her I love her and that she has put up a good fight,and I hope she is resting comfortable and will be at peace when her time comes to go home to her Jesus. She was heavily sedated and in a deep sleep, so Bob will whisper in her ear for me. He is doing as well as can be expected considering their circumstances and he of course has good days and then some bad. It is a tough journey they are on, but he and the girls as well as Susan are getting great support from the people at the hospice. I miss her already and it will be difficult to know she might possibly be gone when I go back home in a few months. I am praying for a miracle, but I am not sure if that is at all possible at this time...only the man upstairs knows that for sure. My thoughts and prayers are with you all
Kobanwa
Karla and CJ

No comments: