Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sept 24-26th, 2008 l am learning Japanese finally:-)

OHAIYO GOZAIMASU
Good morning all.
I am getting ready to head out to my Friday Japanese class soon, as it takes me about a 1/2 hour to walk there and the wind is blowing in some mighty big gusts today, so I hope to be walking with them and not against them.
I came down with the sore throat and full head CJ has had the past few days and so I have been in the house alot, except for when I go to my classes. I now have classes on Mondays above the grocery store, Thursdays at a study center, Fridays at the library and CJ and I have one on Saturdays at the catholic church. I am really glad I am going to the 4 different places, as they all teach in a different way and so I think I will learn lots of new things at a faster rate. I am hopeful anyway, that is how it will work out. Of course I get to know more people too, and that is always fun!
I went on Wednesday to the class, but it ended up being for kids only. Darn.:-(
I told the teacher I thought that would have been the perfect class for me, but I went back yesterday for the adult class and had lots of fun in my 1 on 1 class with Kondon-sensai. We went over the hiragana characters and we also talked of food items and names of certain things I have been looking for in the store. She goes to Korea for 2 weeks, so no class again with her, until the 16th of October.I have lots to practice between now and then, and was excited I could actually read some packages when I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from class to get a few items. YEAH!
I have been busy cleaning the house,doing my japanese lessons, my computer work for the hogar in Honduras and checking up on and sending lots of emails,notes and prayers to friends and family. In the afternoons if I am not at class I have been watching the top divisions SUMO wrestle on TV too. I guess I kind of got hooked into it. I really want to try and figure out the names in Kangi, but I am not having much luck with that, and they all seem to look the same with their hair all styled the same way?
We are starting to get fall like weather here now and all the ladies are out walking the streets with colored scarves around their necks and in boots of leather, UGH, suede fringed,rubber..... There is a BIG BIG SALE going on here right now down in the high end shopping area, and there are people and cops directing traffic everywhere.
It is the season for Asian pears and squash right now too,and so we are enjoying lots of both. I love the asian pears as they are so sweet and juicy.... like a cold refreshing drink in every bite.
Well I had better run so I can eat some food and then be off for my walk down the bluff and across town to the library.
More later

No comments: