Thursday, July 17, 2008

Friday July 18, 2008 Karla's run in with the POLICE...not !

Woke up at 6am today and spent all morning typing up my long story from yesterday. I too,think I tossed and turned all nightdreaming of Jambo-shu in my sleep. I wonder what flavor CJ will bring home next? It is a VERY good thing I am doing all this walking as the desserts and treats here are as you can see,are to die for.
I noticed yesterday when walking home, there is an ice cream bar machine just down the steps in front of the pool which CJ and I could easily sneak out to in our Yakuta PJ's and geta sandles in the eve. Ok so, maybe I wouldn't be able to sneak..perhaps clunk along in my wood shoes, but that is a very common thing to do here in the summer I am told.
I have seen it once so far, but then again I am in the house most nights trying to stay awake, so who knows? I am hoping to see it in full force on Saturday at the fireworks, if the rain holds out. There is talk of the last BIG thunderstorm of the season to roll through here this weekend..and then the HEAT comes so they say. WOWZER's... how HOT is it gonna get here I wonder ?
I was going to go out this am but then it began to rain and so I kept working here on my computer. Now the rain is gone and it is about 11:30 am so I think I will quickly eat some lunch and then go out on my assignment from CJ. He asked me to go find the 2nd hand bike shop and some resale shops. There is a "Koban" or police station in each neighborhood and they have very detailed maps to show you just about anyplace in the area (so says the books I read back home) annd so I am out to find one of those today, get some burger for our Tacos tonight and perhaps find the temple I keep hearing about as well.
While I sat here working this am another lady was talking from a microphone and I am so wondering what she said? It is a bit frustrating,as I am sure they are announcing things of importance, yet I have no clue what is being said. I have not been able to spot where it is she is talking from. It sounds to me like it is coming from a passing car on the road down below at the bottom of the bluff. I could not get down there fast enough to stop her if I tried. Maybe I will have to stop at one of the shops and ask someone there if they know what was being announced.
Oh by the way did you see I got my first Japanese beauty gadget, to use in helping me to firm up my neck waddle so they don't have to call me "Mrs.CHINS-san" while I am here. :-)If it doesn't work for that it still feels good and rubs/massages my face, cheek, temples, head and shoulders too.
Off to find the police...more tonight....Ok so I made it back and had no luck finding the police when I passed by there building on the way to and from the grocery store. Darn!
I walked first to see if I could find the neighborhood temple and I did see it but it was closed and nothing spectacular looking from the outside anyway. It was right in the middle of a residental street. At first I thought it was a traditional Japanese house, but then I saw the sign and asked a passing lady. I then passed by some old pillars and an open area with a different skyline view of the city and some very old historical photo that said something about 100 steps. My "guess" is this was the area where the first steps may have been going down the bluff.
On the way to the temple I saw some very pretty flowers by the neighborhood Mormon church and lots of cute kids and their moms passing by on the way home from school. I then walked down to try and get on the Bay bridge for a different view of the city, but had no luck finding the way. So I walked back along the canal and then in to the HOMES store.
I got some house plants, more needed home supplies and found the cutest cherry blossom and dragon fly pottery soup bowls for CJ and I to use. Took some pics of some very expensive orchid plants $120. Got a few more groceries and then the long walk back home with 2 very heavy bags and 2 light ones. I felt a bit like a pack mule and could have used a big long stick like the chinese use to carry the bags on either end. Thankfully it was overcast and so not as hot as if the sun was shining bright. I still was sopping wet when I reached home and the AC.
Made it home and unloaded stuff again, and then made taco stuff for supper before I headed up to my office to see the nightly sunset which shone bright even though it is cloudy tonight.
I am now waiting for CJ to come home for Taco Friday a ritual we had back in MN, as I type this blog and listen to my first Japanese CD. It had bamboo on the front cover and so I assumed it would be some relaxing kind of music. It is in fact some chanting, instrumental music and a very different sound, but a nice change. I wonder if the high pitched ladies singing is what was made the neighborhood dog bark?
Well that is it for now. CJ just got home and so I will close for another day.
We have a 3 day weekend as Graco is closed on Monday for the Harbor Festival or Ocean Day I think he said they call it. Hopefully we will have lots of fun experiences to tell you about in the next few days.
Karla and CJ

No comments: