Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 15, 2008 IKEA Delivery Day

Woke up early and hung out all day in the house waiting for the IKEA truck to arrive. The phone rang about 9 am and it was the company trying to tell me what time they would be there. The man on the other end of the line and I had a few laughs as he spoke in Japanese and I in English and neither of us understood the other. I said I would be here all day and I think he said he would be here around two. Guess I will just have to wait when he shows up and to see if I understood him correctly.
I busied myself all day and night with the blog posts previous to this one,and a few loads of laundry. CJ and Tad arrived at lunch time with a nice black desk for my office of which I am now typing at. Thank God for that, as my back and legs got very sore sitting on the floor all of yesterday. He too gave us a brand new bike that he got for an anniversary gift from his company, but neither his wife nor he were going to use. WOW ! Then CJ had Tad call the company to see if I understood them right. He found out they are to arrive between 2-4pm. So the guys went out for a ramen noodle lunch down the street and I stayed here, in case they came early as I did not want to miss them. Was hoping for a take out bowl of noodles but they did not have to go food.:-( Back to work they went and then the IKEA guys showed up. They dropped off the couch, chairs/foot stools and rug. I tried to put together what I could. Felt good to lay down on the couch too. Yeah Furniture !!
CJ had a business meeting and dinner so he was gone till about 9:30pm. When he got home he was soaked from the walk up the hill. He also commented on how hot it was in here and when I looked at the AC remote control I found I had turned it the wrong direction. Ooops! We put the rest of the furniture together and then called it a night after another hot day here in Japan. A guy at work told CJ this is just the start of hot...it will get much hotter. YIKES !
Karla and CJ

No comments: