Monday, July 14, 2008

Konichiwa from Harriman-sans in Yokohama Japan

Konichiwa
Karla here finally and I am sitting in my lower tatami room looking out on my Japanese garden, listening to Sissel from Norway sing as I write to all of my dear friends around the world.
CJ and I will have left the USA a week ago tomorrow and so it is time I get you all updated on our first week here in JAPAN. So far life is VERY GOOD here. It is VERY HOT, the sweat is running and our leg muscles are getting a Hell of a workout!!! I am bound to be in better shape than ever, as we walk every where we go and we live high up on a bluff with no less than 60 steps on any given pathway or slope that leads to our house,
We are adjusting well, pretty much settled in and now waiting for all our furniture to be delivered tomorrow and some more next week.
CJ was anxious to get back to work today after what seemed like a month off with our Pub Tour/Europe vacation and then the move here to Asia. Tomorrow he has a dinner meeting and then Wednesday he is off on his first day road trip to see a customer, so I should have lots of time to get things in order and updated in the next day or two. I still have to figure out how to resize my pics, so you can see ALL , not 3/4 of the photo (I will fix those that are already there too, when I can)

Thanks for your patience and my not writing anything this first week. I really wanted to get familiar with the area, things organized in the house and enjoy time with CJ before he was into the work routine and I was once again the work widow.
I will go back to day 1 and make a seperate entry for each day, so to fill you in on our first week here, with notes I made in my journal each night before bed.

I should tell you I fell and bounced down the steps this am when running to get the phone and feel slightly bruised and stiff so I am taking it easy this afternoon after my walk around town in the overwhelming heat to some local stores in the Bluff area. I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine,though a few bruises on my back side most likely. The doctor is very close if needed, so that is good to know. Just a walk to the end of the street and through the park... now, how lucky is that, that the one in our network is in our own back yard in this crazy..... BIG CITY. :-)
More soon
Karla and CJ

No comments: