Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oct 3-4th, 2008 ...too much information !!! ?%$@#

It is almost 11pm here on Saturday night 10/4 and I am just about ready for bed as soon as I log in the latest happenings here in Yamate-cho.
I had class yesterday and had a brain freeze, or I was on overload and could NOT take in any more new information:-( I just could not make any connections it seemed, so I just tried to listen to Lee-san read. She did very well.
On my way home from class, I stopped to check out and rent another CD for the week, this is my new Friday ritual and a nice way to get familiar with the Japanese artists and the different styles of music here. I find I like the ballad type easy listening singers so far.
CJ and I did end up going to china town for supper last night and I had some great Cashew chicken, white rice, mango juice,and tea. We shared some of our favorite potsickers and CJ had some beef ramen soup and a beer. We stopped and got some really good coconut macaroon tarts on the way home for dessert. They were awesome!!!
Saturday October 4th
This morning we got up and CJ did some work phone calls and then packed for his trip back to the states. He will work a few days and then go see the kids in Duluth, Chicago and then back to WI to get his mom so she can come back here to Japan with him.
After CJ left I cleaned the house and did more Hogar bookwork and then had my class at the church in the late afternoon.We have lots of young engineers in that class from Korea and the Phillipines. We learned all about the days of the month, and different buildings in the city. Next week we will not have class as they are having their 5th Anniversary Language Fair at a local park and then a free lunch at one of the western mansions just down the street and through the park from our house. If we don't go to Kyoto that weekend with Gma Jean, then we will most likely attend?
After class I came back home, did more computer billing and some emails, met a new guy from Belgium on Facebook and am now getting ready for bed.
Tomorrow I am meeting my new friend Kousuke and his pregnant wife and 2yr old son at the park. I too have some errands to run after, so I will be busy and hopeful that the weather is nice.
Osuminasai

No comments: