Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5, 2008 Nishimoto-sans what a sweet family

Konbanwa
How is everyone enjoying their autumn weekend? Suppose many people are out looking at fall colors back in the north parts of the USA? Still no colored leaves yet here in Japan. But many pretty roses in bloom at the park where I met Kousuke and family this afternoon.
This morning I slept in and then worked around the house and in my office filing, organizing papers, reading up on Kyoto and then off to the park to meet my new friends. What fun we had together. I met them at the Harbor View Park, because that is what they do here in Japan. Keiko the wife was very sweet and Hikari their 2 year old son was so darn cute and full of energy. He loved to run and ran all around the park plaza while we talked there for a 1/2 hour or so.
Then it started to drizzle a bit so I invited them to our house. They were not so sure that was ok to do, on only our first meeting, but I said I don't care if you don't and then they said "OK". So we all walked back to the house along the very busy western mansion road that was very full of Japanese tourists out looking around and enjoying the weather which was nice up until then.
We got back to the house and I gave them a tour of the place and then we sat at the dining room table and visited over apple cinnamon cookies and pineapple juice. I gave Hikari a little M&M decorated metal can earlier at the park,with a bag of M&M candies inside so he was occupied with that for a short while. I then scrounged up some playing cards for him to shuffle around a bit. He was sure very well behaved for 2 1/2 years old. I guess I probably should buy a few little toys to have around here for him to play with when he comes back again? His Bday is in February a day after Graham's.
We had a nice chat and Kousuke explained alot about his work as an animator. He is going to ask his boss if I can come and visit one day and see his workplace. That would be so fun. Tommorrow the company he works for Itoon has a new commercial coming out, so I will have to watch for that on TV. He also showed me channels on TV where I can see some kids cartoons his company has made. FUN!
They are both from Japan, and speak english pretty good for only having it in high school back in the early 1990's and not really using it much since then. I was very impressed. Kousuke was born in Kyoto and then moved to Tokyo when he was 3. He is an only child. Keiko came from the area near Narita airport and she has i sister I think she said. They met in Germany at the university where he studied animation and she real estate. Keiko is a house wife "shufu" like I. She likes hippos too and enjoys making ceramics, she would like to be a potter.
I asked how they happened to go to school in Germany and they said because it was free. I did not know that,did you? I told them we should have sent our kids there...I am surprised alot more people don't take advantage of that? Or then again, maybe they do?
They were here for about 3 hours or so and then they headed home and said next time they would have me over to their home. Yeah! I told them I would love that, and will look forward to it, once they have the new baby and get settled into another new routine. Keiko is due next Sunday October 12th and they are having a little boy.
It was a most enjoyable day and I felt so comfortable and at ease with them, like I have known them forever. I told them, they will have to come back and meet our kids when they are here for Christmas too. They were excited about that. :-)
Well I am for some reason pooped tonight, so I am going to go and try to read some more about Kyoto and then I think I will head to bed early. CJ got to Duluth and was hanging out with Graham and the rugby boys when he Emailed me earlier today. I suppose they are going to be waking soon in MN and will probably make a BIG MAN SIZE breakfast..a thing they enjoy having when together.
I have not heard a word from Kalen and Mike this week, and my guess is they are very busy getting moved in and then settling into their new Chicago apartment.
Our niece Sarah Slick just moved from MN to New York City this week as well, as she recently signed a modeling contract with Wilhemenia Agency. So who knows where we might see her face popping up in the near future? Exciting times for her I am sure.
Well it sounds like it has started to rain here again, and so I hope it does not knock off all the leaves before they get bright and colorful. I should probably turn on the TV one of these days and see what is happening in the world outside my little bubble here on the bluff?
Take Care and hopefully I'll have more things to share later this week. I really have nothing planned but to get things organized around the house, some plans in order for sightseeing when Jean is here and what ever else happens to come about
Oyahosuminasi
Karla

No comments: