Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oct 10-12, 2008 See Caring Bridge Site on Bernie Slick

Hi All
It is 1:30 am here in Japan in the wee hours of the morning on 10/13 08 and I have got to get to bed, so this will be short and sweet for now. I had plans to be in bed by 10pm, but as you can see that did not happen.:-)

As I think most of you know, my dad Bernard Slick had brain surgery on Oct 10th in MN to remove what was found to be a cancerous tumor. They found it to also be in his blood stream as well, but at this point he is doing great and seems to be talking quite normal to me via the phone.

Please check out this new Caring Bridge site I started for him, per his request.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/bernardmslick

Thanks to all of you for your emails and notes of support, prayers and good thoughts. It makes my dad and family feel very good to know that so many people are praying for him and in touch with all of us at this trying time.

I hope to get back to this sight in the next week when CJ and is mom get here to Japan. I am looking forward to doing something different for awhile and to explore more of the local sights. I have literally been house bound most of the week and on this computer trying to communicate what is going on. I thank you for listening to all my ramblings, as it really has helped me to deal with all of this from afar, and I hope it has not been too burdensome for you.
Nighty night
Karla

No comments: