Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday August 4, 2008 "I'm a LEGAL Alien....

Woke up early today and when I opened the window to air out the room, I was greeted by a big insect hanging on the outside of the tatami room window screen. I wonder if that is one of the 1000's of locusts that make the humming sound all day that seems to almost be drowning out the crows squacking?
After breakfast we then walked to the Naka Ward office to pick up our Alien cards before CJ headed to work. As we walked over the canal bridge, CJ looked down and said, "Look at all the Jellyfish. Wow, it was so cool looking. I will have to take pics on my way back.
With ID cards in hand, we happily left the office as LEGAL aliens. Nice! Cj went on to work and I then wandered through China Town and got a few food items at different little stores... mango and lychee pudding cups, bok choy,cabbage, grapefruit, a cute little fish wind chime for my back garden area and a non silk red chinese style dress in size 3L. I thought it "might" fit me and if not I can always give it to someone else. I so want to buy some cute clothes I see here, but I am just way too BIG. The guy in the other shop who had 100% silk chinese dresses told me he thought the 4L might fit me across the top, but he wasn't sure about the hip area. He asked if I wanted to try one on, but at that point I was dripping wet and don't think I could have even gotten it to slid down over my skin. So I passed on it,as it was
y8900 compared to the y735 fake one I bought earlier.
On my way back home I walked past a chinese temple and the lady invited me in to take pics. It was so beautiful with all the colors on the ceiling, carvings in stone on the outside and I always like the incense smell that the worshipers place in the urns out front. I heard some crying out behind the building and so I walked around the back to peek and see what was going on. It was the little day care center in the park I saw one other day, and they were giving all the little ones baths in buckets of water. One tiny little girl was not too happy. Heck,it looked quite refreshing to me and I was tempted to go ask if I could have a bucket or two dumped over my head.I too saw some people setting up a stage and stringing paper lantern lights from tree to tree and so I went down to ask what they were setting up for and when it was taking place.
The lady told me it was Bon Odori and then I saw a poster that said August 6th-9th. I think I will have to come back here later this week and check it out. Perhaps this is what those kids were practicing for the other day. In fact, their school is right next door to this park. Yeah, another possible festival to attend.
Back home I unpacked my goods, had a bite for lunch and then got to updating these blogs, doing some laundry... It is amazing to me how long it takes me to write all of this and before I knew it,it was time to make some grub for supper.
CJ came home and we ate dinner, did some more computer work, I finished folding the laundry and we talked with my dad on the phone just before going to bed. I too tried on my new red dress and I was glad I waited and did it when CJ was here to help me get out of it again. It did fit me ok on top,but I could not even begin to pull it down over my BIG hips and then went I went ot pull it over my head it got stuck on my shulders.Boy am I glad it was CJ that witnessed that and not the young man at the store. One thing I know for sure, is these people are really very very tiny or I am JUST HUGE ?! haha...and I thought I was losing weight with all this sweating going on each and everyday.
Tomorrow, I wait for the TV delivery guys to show up. I don't know if it is going to be a good thing or a bad thing to have a TV. I know I haven't missed it at all this first month. It may be nice to watch some of the Olympics though. By the way, it is very weird, as I hear nor see anything about them at all. You wouldn't even know they are starting over in China in 4 days. Is it because I don't watch TV, listen to the radio or read the newspaper, or is it that it is in CHINA and the Japanese don't promote it for that reason? Um ?
Who knows maybe having the TV will open up a whole new world and perspective of life over here?
"Konban wa"...Good evening... I am off to bed

No comments: